- 2018 Admissions for International Students
- 2018 Application Form for Tuition Reduction of First Year International students
- Admission schedule of 2018 for International Students
- Application Form for International Student Admission
How to apply for admission?
Huafan University only accepts International students during the Fall semester, for Academic Year. Submit the following documents in the order listed below, clipped together on the upper left corner. Applications will not be accepted if any of the following materials are missing. No submitted documents will be returned.
Application Form and Supporting Documents
(2) The highest-level certificate or equivalent academic attainment and transcript issued by an international education institution (these documents must be translated into Chinese or English), which must be authenticated by a Taiwan's overseas representative office.
(3) Validated financial statement by overseas diplomatic offices indicating sufficient funding for staying in Taiwan.
(4) Two letters of recommendation.
(5) A study plan written in Chinese, including the purpose, duration and expectation.
(6) Application fee: NT$ 1,500（US$50）, and two photocopies of passport.
Procedure for Application：
（1）Appling in person
Please submit your application with all requirements and deliver it in person or through your representative to the Admission Section of the Office of Academic Affairs in HFU. Applications received after the deadline will not be processed.
（2）Appling by mail.
Please submit your application with all requirements and send by post to the following address. The application mail must be postmarked before the deadline of the application submission period, and applications received after the deadline will not be processed.
Admission Section, Office of Academic Affairs, Huafan University.
No.1, Huafan Rd., Shihding Dist., New Taipei City, 22301,
Application fee and payment
Application fee: NT$1,500 (US$50).
(1)Pay in person or through your representative at the Cashier Section, Office of General Affair on the second floor of the Administration Building on Campus. Please enclose a copy of receipt in your application package.
(2)Should the application fee be remitted to the university account, please enclose a copy of Bank Telegram Transfer receipt in your application package.
Bank Name: First Commercial Bank, YUAN-SHAN Branch.
Beneficiary Name: The Juridical Persons of Huafan University
Account Number: 14050173699
Bank Address: NO. 53, MINQUAN W.RD., TAIPEI 104, TAIWAN,R.O.C.
Definition of international students: Applicants, who do not have the citizenship of the Republic of China as defined in Article 2 of the Nationality Act and do not possess citizenship of Hong Kong, Macau, Mainland China, nor the status of overseas Chinese.
According to Article of the Nationality Act, a person who meets one of the following requirements and acquires the nationality of Republic of China:
(1) A person whose father or mother was, at the time of his/her birth, a citizen of Republic of China.＊The situation of mother does not apply to whose who were born before February 9 (including the 9th) 1980.
(2) A person born after the death of his/her father or mother who was, at the time of his/her death, a citizen of Republic of China.
(3) A person born in the territory of Republic of China and whose parents are both unknown or are stateless.
(4) A naturalized person.
The provisions specified in sub-paragraphs (1) and (2) of the preceding Paragraph shall apply to minor children on the date of the promulgation of the amendment of this Law.
Dates for Application
Applicants should submit his or her application to the Admission Section of the Office of Academic Affairs during the period of February 1 through May 31 each year.
Foreign applicants may have an interview, which depends on requirement of the departments or graduate institutes when the application materials are examined. Please pay attention to appointed date and location to interview.
Admission Roster Announcement
The admission results will be announced on HFU campus and the Internet in July 2018. Admission letter will be mailed to the accepted students individually.
The website is http://www.hfu.edu.tw/~aa/admission/
（1）Admitted students shall be present at the university for registration on the date specified by presenting the original copy of passport and diploma(for authentication purpose only, will be returned immediately), or the status of admission shall be revoked.
（2）While a international student who has been admitted to HFU and has arrived at the campus after less than one-third of the first semester has passed is allowed to enroll for the first semester. If arrived at the campus after more than one-third, will only be allowed to enroll for the second semester.
（3）The admitted students should following Article 21 of "Regulations Regarding International students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan", New international students must attach medical and injury insurance policies, which they purchased in foreign countries, covering a valid period of no less than 4 months starting from the day when they entered Taiwan, and the foregoing insurance policies purchased in foreign countries must be authenticated by a Taiwan's overseas representative office. If already being insured at the national health insurance of ROC, the enrolled students only need to provide proof of the related insurance papers.
Admission schedule of 2018 for International Students
|Admission Announcement||From April 25, 2018|
|Dates for Application||During April 25 to June 30, 2018|
|Check Application Materials by Office of Academic Affair||Before June 5, 2018|
|Review Application Materials and Interview Notice by Departments/Institute||During June 5 to June 12, 2018|
|Further Review by International Student Enrollment Committee||Before July 17, 2018|
|Admission Roster Announcement||Before July 17, 2018|
|Mail Admission letters||Before July 24, 2018|
|Registration||Before July 31, 2018|