Huafan University Regulation for Tuition Reduction of First Year International Students
Scholarship Offered: Non-Specified
1. The purpose of this regulation is to encourage excellent international students to study in Huafan University and to promote international academic exchange.
2. International students, by definition, are those who apply for Master or PhD program under “Huafan University Regulations Governing International Student Admission”.
3. Application procedure:
1. International students need to apply for tuition reduction while applying for admission. The departments will make the first review and pass to the International Student’s Tuition Reduction Meeting and finally, the result will be approved by the President.
4. International students who are qualified for reducing tuition do not have to pay tuition fee in the first year. From the second year, they have to apply for scholarships under “Huafan University Regulations for International Students Scholarship.”
2. International students who are qualified for reducing tuition will be notified by official letter.
5. International students who are qualified for tuition reduction are disqualified when they apply for reservation for student statues or suspension of schooling in the same academic year they apply for admission; or, in other circumstances, they are convicted of crimes or violate school regulation with disciplinary action of demerit.
Huafan University Regulations for International Students Scholarship
1. The purpose of this regulation is to encourage excellent International students to study in Huafan University and to promote international academic exchanges.
2. Scholarship eligibility requirements:
1. The second year Master students
2. The second and third year PhD students
3. Students with an average academic grade above 70 points, plus moral conduct grade above 80 points.
3. Vacancy and value of the scholarship:
Each academic year, the scholarship will be awarded to 5 students, 100,000 NTD per person and the amount will be divided into 50,000NTD and give to students in two semesters respectively.
4. Required documents for application:
1. A copy of application form
5. Deadline for application:
2. A copy of official transcripts of academic records of the previous semester.
3. A copy of Taiwan post office account book cover
Applicants are required to submit formal application to The Office of Student Affairs, Life Counseling Section in the first 2 weeks of each academic year (the first semester).Applications received after deadline will not be processed.
6. Review procedure:
The Scholarship Committee of Student Affairs will review all applications first; the final result will be officially announced after the authorization of the President of Huafan University.
7. For those scholarship holders, the obligations include assisting administration or teaching affairs, the obligations are subjected to change according to applicants’ chosen departments.